Ferddie's World

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

You can call me…the new FG!

Move over, Mike Arroyo….there’s a new FG in town!

No, not as the First Gentleman of the presidential family in Malacanang, but in many ways equally challenging as the husband of Mater Carmeli School’s new Pre-Elementary Department’s Parent-Teacher Association (MCS Pre-Elem. PTA)!!

It all started with our attendance during the General Assembly of the parents of children in the Pre-Elem Dept. It didn’t impress upon me that aside from the usual parents orientation, presentation of the schedule of activities for the school year and explanation of the grading system, that the assembly would include the election of PTA officers. Even when the election for homeroom officers for the Yellow started, it never really occurred to me that we would even be considered.

Then it happened, one of the parents beside me asked whether I would agree to be nominated as homeroom president. I politely declined knowing well that with my present responsibilities, I would simply be spreading myself too thinly. Odette, my wife on the other hand, who time and again had expressed concern over several school related issues, was perfect for the post. She was nominated and subsequently voted unanimously as Yellow room President. As a sign of my unwavering support, I jokingly said to the parents that I most willingly oblige to be the new First Gentleman!

But more was to come. After the homeroom elections, the election for the overall Pre-Elem PTA officers came next. Overall officers were to come from the ranks of the various homeroom officers so everyone was asked to introduce themselves to the teachers and parents. As fate would have it, she also won as overall Pre-Elem President. As they say, the rest is history.



My wife Odette in a case of serendipity gets elected as MCS Pre-Elem PTA President


On the morning of July 7, Odette and the other elected parents took their oath as Pre-Elem PTA officers during the celebration of the Holy Mass along with the Pre-Elementary students. Faith was just very happy to see both of us, her parents present during this event.





Oath taking of Pre-Elem PTA officers






Pre-Elem PTA officers are blessed by the Mass celebrant







Kinder and Prep children offer flowers at the altar






Pre-Elem PTA President Odette M. gave an inspirational message




Kids actively respond






Distribution of brown scapulars







Faith waits for her turn…






…and eventually receives her brown scapular






At the foot of the Cross






Proud parents of Maria Fatima



Last July 11 (Sunday) the school held a counterpart MCS PTA General Assembly for both the Elementary and High School levels. This was to be followed by a meeting of the Council of the elected PTA Presidents from all levels. Among themselves will they chose their own set of over-all officers for the PTA. Faith and I went ahead to SM Fairview as my wife had to attend this council meeting.

On July 25 (Sunday) the MCS-PTA Officers will have their Recollection and Formal Induction as overall PTA Officers.

Evidently, my wife will have her hands full with all the planned activities the PTA has in mind this current school year. The Pre-Elem is scheduled to organize the school year’s first major activity, its annual Family Day. But knowing my wife well, I know she will be able to deliver…and deliver well!

Congratulations, Lovey!

I’m proud to be the new First Gentleman!



Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home