Ferddie's World

Friday, October 13, 2006

Batista rocks Gateway Mall in Cubao!

From the 2nd GK Anniversary celebration last Sept. 9, Bro. Rhollie Ariňo was kind enough to give Joshua and me a ride out of Sitio Ruby along with his GK Botocan brothers and sisters, whom we invited to witness the changes in that GK site. We alighted at a bus station in Cubao to meet a new second nanny for Joshua and Faith. My wife told me we were there quite early so I decided to go around with Joshua to nearby establishments for lunch and look around for some items that I had to buy.

We eventually reached Gateway Mall, a relatively new first class mall in the heart of Cubao and ate for the first time at Taco Bell. By the way, the food there was great and drinks were refillable! I bought a Taco Bell cap before we left. We also bought some items at a hardware store and went around the place. Overhearing some of the sales ladies’ conversation, I learned that Batista, a famous World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) professional wrestler was coming to the mall to promote his fight in the Araneta Coliseum this month of October. No wonder why there were so many who kept on coming to the mall. It didn’t take long for Batista (who by the way, happens to be half-Filipino and proud of it) to arrive on the mall grounds…and the crowd went wild!

Joshua and I weren’t able to get near enough the former WWE World Heavyweight Champion of the world but I tried my best to get picture of him using my long time 35mm camera. And I almost got a decent picture of the Smackdown wrestler too considering the sea of humanity blocking my view. Anyway, I wish him well on his “fight” with King Booker T this coming October 21-22 at the Araneta.

...and i thought i got a good picture of Batista until that right hand showed up!

Can you imagine having someone like Batista being a guest speaker at a Couples for Christ CLP or a Youth Assembly or Kids Day! Oh Man! That would be awesome! Bring in Hulk Hogan and Rey Mysterio and that would really bring the house down! Pro-wrestlers for Christ! Such a mighty vision! Who knows! With God, nothing is impossible!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home